Saturday, 21 June 2014

Taxi tantrums,the worlds most reliable car starts playing up.

I had a problem with the old taxi. The problem started as a minor one with the car being hard to start if parked facing uphill. gradually it got worse,I traced it to air getting in via the top of the priming pump on top of the filter.
I cut the top off and welded a plate over it (I think the diaphram was leaking).
. This got the thing running but air still got in and only by revving the engine hard every few minutes would it keep running it was also down on power.
Eventually I rigged up a temporary system using a squeeze type priming pump and a couple of inline filters. This seems to work well,so I've decided to leave it alone for the time being.

Sunday, 1 June 2014

Welding up the fairway doors part two.

The rot cut out left a bigger hole over half the door skin to bottom
is missing
After welding in some plates the seams were skimmed over with filler.