Saturday 31 August 2013

Elora socket sets,compressors and other bargains.

As it becomes more expensive to buy or sell on ebay I've spent more time at the car boots.
I bought a couple of Elora sockets sets for £10 each. Both were the older Whitworth/AF and metric versions in 1/2 drive. I kept one for a spare in the workshop and sold the other the following week for a small profit and ended up with a £2 socket set that cost £250 or more new!
Last week I bought a small compressor,resoldered a broken connection but then decided I didn't really need a second one so resold it and bought a almost new compression tester with the profit so it was free.
Ebay is dying on its feet as far as I can see but there are tool bargains to be had at car boots and more to be found on places like Gumtree or even in the small ads in the local paper.
I tried ebid but it isn't free as they claim and buyers are few and far between,there is life away from ebay though.

No comments:

Post a Comment