Monday 28 February 2011

Exhausting repairs on the taxi.

I thought the taxi was getting a bit noisy and today the exhaust decided to break.In the middle there's a sort of swivel joint that allows the exhaust to move about and where this joins the exhaust pipe it had split all the way round.Taking off the exhaust should have been easy,it's held on by rubber mounts and three nuts hold the front manifold on.These are hard to get to and had rusted solid.The studs in the manifold will probably shear off before ayhthing comes undone so I cut through the pipe under the cab,took the exhaust off,welded it all back together and then hung it in place and welded the cut down pipe back together.It means that at some time I'm going to have to work out a way of getting the nuts off but I just don't fancy doing it now in the cold and wet.
The odd thing was that with the pipe fixed the taxi seems to have a bit more go than it did before,I haven't a clue why but I',m not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment